Friday, September 25, 2015

IQUITOS! IT'S HOT!





LA IGLESIA DE
JESUCRISTO
DE LOS SANTOS
DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS



9/24/2015

Dear Hermana Gurney Family:
We are pleased to inform you that we picked up your daughter today at the Lima, Peru MTC.  She is happy and ready to serve.  We have spent much of today interviewing and training your daughter, and she was assigned to work with a trainer.  We know that the mission experience will be life changing for your daughter.  As we often tell the missionaries, “Of all the converts you will have during your mission, you will be the best convert.” 
Thank you for helping to prepare your daughter to serve a mission.  We are very excited to serve with your daughter.  We have included two photographs of her.
Sincerely,

Presidente Alejandro Gómez Moreno          Hermana Graciela García de Gómez
Misión Perú Iquitos                                       Misión Perú Iquitos

Misión Perú Iquitos
Jr. Napo #478
Iquitos, Maynas
Loreto
Perú
0051-065-232-881 (Oficina)
0051-065-265763 (Casa)





Hola Familia!

I made it!  I'm in Iquitos ... holy cow, everyone said it would be hot ... but I did not think it would be THIS hot!!  I started sweating the moment I stepped off the airplane!  I don't know anything about my new companion or new area yet.  Sorry ... you'll have to wait until Monday to know!  But I'm doing really well!!  I miss my CCM district so much, but at least some of them came to Iquitos with me.  Fun story time:  Hermana Gillingham told a lady at the airport that she liked her earrings, and the lady took them off and gave them to her!! Basically the only transportation I've seen on the streets of Iquitos are motokars and motorcycles ... nothing else.  Presidente y Hermana Gomez son los maximos!  (the best)  They're super nice and friendly and awesome!  Also their house has a pool ... which was super tempting considering it's basically a sauna outside.  Sorry there's nothing else really funny to share, I've only been in Iquitos for like three hours and it's all been inside the mission home.  But I love you all so much and I can't wait to give you updates next Monday!  Keep on keeping on and remember the Lord loves you!!  (Also pray for my Spanish skills, thanks)!

Hermana Gurney


No comments:

Post a Comment