Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 68

November 28, 2016

Well, this week went by super fast! ahh! November is now ending, it just started yesterday!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

So no, they don't celebrate thanksgiving in Peru, but I made my district have a little celebration. Thursdays we have our weekly planning and our district leader wanted us to all do it together, so we could learn new ways to plan for the people we are teaching.  So we all got together to plan Thursday morning and I told everyone they had to bring a little bit of food... we had a little feast and we each said two things we are grateful for! It was fun. I have a picture to send.


Thanksgiving ... Peruvian style!


Mini banana tree ... too cute!

During our planning, my companion and I were thinking about what we could do to find new investigators. That entire week, I had been thinking about a family of old investigators from the hermanas before us. They´re named Noemi and Richard. I had heard a lot about this family and I thought maybe one day I would go visit them again. I told that to my companion and she said she had felt the same way! So we took that as revelation and went to visit them Saturday night! They were super excited to see missionaries again and let us in!  We talked for a bit, read a chapter in their Book of Mormon, and invited them to church... AND THEY CAME!! Their whole family! They have three little boys, one of them was born about three months ago and all of them came! It was the first time the husband had come to church in the entire time the missionaries had been teaching him!  The first time! It was a huge miracle! We were so excited that we were able to follow the Spirit and help this family start investigating the church again. 

Zone conference in Tarapoto with Elder Godoy!


Pablo is still convinced everything is true... he went to a family home evening with us last week and was talking to the elder´s quorum president for the entire time we were there. We had to leave early, but according to Pablo, they were up until 11 talking about doctrine! Pablo said he left convinced! He promised us he would get baptized... but not until January! haha We told him he´s ready to get baptized earlier but he's a little hesitant. We´re working on that! 

Orlando and Elsa are... STILL waiting for the divorce papers! ugh! It's been a big chaos but were praying and we're going to fast so that they come in!! 

So basically that was my week! Im super glad Heavenly Father is helping find new people to teach! I know He will always help us to accomplish the things He wants us to do! Keep putting your trust in Him!

Love you guys! Happy December!
Hermana Gurney

No comments:

Post a Comment